Democratizing the access, use and security of cryptoassets has been our mission since the creation of Coinhouse. It is with great pleasure that we announce the amplification of our vision into 2019 backed by a USD 2.8 million Series A. Consensys Ventures, the venture capital arm of Consensys, is the lead investor, alongside XAnge, Digital Currency Group and BTU Protocol Ecosystem Fund, and co-founders of Ledger Eric Larchevèque and Thomas France
What a long way since our creation in 2014! This series A is an important step to build the leading European platform in the field of cryptoassets with a premium approach. These funds will be used to continue investing in our product while developing our operations.
Our ambition is to become the trusted partner of investors seeking to understand, buy, sell and securely store cryptoassets. Our team is today made up of 30 professionals and has 150,000 clients across Europe.
This Series A, by providing the necessary capital, will allow us to optimize and develop our strategy at the service of our customers. The funding will be used to accelerate the adoption of cryptoassets with:
- Making more cryptoassets available on the online platform
- Launching a qualified custodial service for individuals, corporates and institutional investors
- Scaling product and operations for new types of customers needs.
We will continue to develop a comprehensive suite of online and in-person services that sets Coinhouse apart by:
- Offering immediate access to a wide selection of cryptoassets where transactions can range from tens of euros to several million with best prices and high-level liquidity
- A dedicated crypto account manager for all our premium clients to support them throughout their investment journey with premium research and services.
The company will keep participating actively in regulatory discussions with the different financial authorities. France is now set to enact an ambitious regulatory framework for cryptoassets intermediaries in Europe. This puts Coinhouse in a unique position to become the first-fully licensed European cryptoasset platform.